There are many local businesses, groups and individuals who have signed up to be an AONB Ambassador. They all have similar principles, aims and values to those of the AONB Partnership. Through this scheme we want to give our Ambassadors the knowledge and confidence to guide guests, clients or friends to enjoy the best experiences in this very special nationally important area.
Can anyone be an AONB Ambassador?
From farmer to foodie or volunteer to rural business owner, perhaps you produce local food, make local crafts, are an indivdual who wants to give a little back; anyone can be an Ambassador. Ambassadors can be located anywhere in or near to the AONB. Find out more by opening our Ambassador leaflet (PDF opens in a new page).
What's in it for you?
Being part of a well loved organisation shows that you care about our environment, you can use our Ambassador logo on your web site and be promoted on our web site. You can engage in AONB events and take an active role in networking events. We can give you advice and support on wildlife, funding and you will have access to AONB promotional materials/equipment.
What do I need to do to become an ambassador?
Please contact us at email@example.com and tell us what it is you do and how you could share your enthusiasm for the countryside with others, if you agree to our pledge Ambassador leaflet (PDF opens in a new page), we will plot you on our map and welcome you to join our other Ambassadors.
Meet our Ambassador organisations and get involved
Red points - AONB Partnership organisations
Yellow points - Individual or community ambassadors
Green points - tourism, food producers, farms and like-minded businesses
View East Devon AONB Ambassadors in a larger map
Click on the link on the above map to see a bigger map and details of our Ambassadors.
Rural Business and Countryside Fair - 26th Feb - Honiton
Field Event on River Catchment Management - 15th July - Otterton (10-2pm)
Annual Forum - 30th Sept - Tipton St John (7-9pm)
Speed Networking event - 27th Feb - Honiton
Field Event on Woodland management, pests and disease - 13th July - Woodbury (10-2pm)
Annual Forum - 28th Sept - Seaton Jurassic
Networking event - Tuesday 21st February 2017 - Doing it the East Devon Way - Kennaway House
Field Event on - July 2017 - (details to follow)
Annual Forum - Sept 2017 - (details to follow)
This green logo is for all Ambassadors to use once signed up to the scheme
East Devon Way Ambassadors
As part of the Ambassador scheme we created a group of tourism related ambassadors which are along the East Devon Way, the 40 mile inland walking route. These businesses are mostly within a mile of the path and we have created a google map for walkers so they can easily find places to eat sleep and drink along the route. We will be updating the East Devon Way web pages in 2016/17.
Did you know?
- The East Devon AONB covers 267 sq km or one third of the East Devon District - stretching from Exmouth to Honiton to Axminster and Lyme Regis
- The East Devon Way is a wonderful 40 mile walking experience through the heart of the AONB
- Budleigh Salterton is the only town wholly in the East Devon AONB
- Since 2005 we have invested over £360k in Sustainable Development Funds to over 100 community, wildlife, education, tourism and business projects that have had a total value in excess of £2 million
- In 2015, together with the Blackdown Hills AONB and Devon County Council, we secured a further £1.47million European funding for our 'Making it Local' programme – investing in the rural economy and market towns
- We have secured over £200k external funding from the English Heritage, Heritage Lottery Fund and SITA Trust to deliver heritage and wildlife initiatives across the AONB
Our vision is that the natural beauty of the East Devon AONB landscape, its dramatic World Heritage Site coastline, internationally important habitats and species and its cultural heritage, is conserved, managed and enhanced to support and benefit present and future generations.
If you would like to make information about the East Devon AONB available to your guests / customers, then use the form from our Publications page.