Sustainable Development Fund
Breaking news from April 1st there will be £20,000 available in the fund for projects - apply now! .
Great News for the East Devon AONB
The East Devon AONB Partnership secured £20,000 of Defra funding to support projects across the AONB for the financial year Apr 2017 - Mar 2018. We encourage you to consider applying for support for projects which meet the fund criteria and could do with a financial helping hand (up to a maximum grant of £4,000).Since 2005 we have provided over £540,000 to projects with a total value exceeding £2,600,000 - making a huge difference locally.
Be inspired to do something in your community or business that will benefit the AONB - details of how to apply at the bottom of this page.
What is the East Devon AONB Sustainable Development Fund?
The Sustainable Development Fund has enabled a wide range of projects to be delivered including wildlife initiatives, school projects, restoring village features and supporting local festivals. The fund has encouraged organisations and businesses across the AONB to make a real difference to their local environment and help the AONB to deliver the aims and objectives of the East Devon AONB Management Plan..... ‘to support a living, working landscape’. We are always looking for new and innovative ideas, so...
So, you think you want to apply?
The fund is available to any individual, group or business with ideas for projects that will benefit the East Devon AONB, its users and surrounding area.
- Demonstrate support and involvement of communities, business or environmental interests within the AONB
- Applicants do not have to be located within the East Devon AONB
- The maximum level of grant that can be applied for is £4,000
- 75% of the project total is available to charities or community groups - meaning you will have to show a 25% cash or in kind value to put towards the total amount for your application
- 50% for all other applicants - meaning you will have to show a 50% cash value or in kind contribution to match your application amount.
To see the range of grants awarded in 2016/17 click here.
To find out if your project might qualify
Please download and complete an Expression of Interest form and send it to us
For more information
Read our Frequently Asked Questions
For further help and guidance
It’s easy to apply, simply fill out an application form describing your project, then send a signed copy in to us at our new offices at Kennaway House in Sidmouth or by email. If you still have questions after reading the above you can have an informal chat with Pete Youngman, Projects Officer on 01404 310012. firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
- Download our Application Form complete and sign then either email or print and send it back
- Complete your form with help from our Guidance Notes
- Refer to our relevant Management Plan policies
- Complete the Sustainability Checklist (PDF - so print and send in the post)
- Submit your completed application to the East Devon AONB team and post a signed copy.
Send to: Pete Youngman, East Devon AONB Partnership, Kennaway House, Coburg Road, Sidmouth EX10 8NG
Once we have received your application it will be judged by a panel of five countryside and wildlife specialists and you may be able to get approval in as soon as four weeks’ time. The funds can be processed quickly on suitable invoice evidence and we can make arrangements to pay in stages if practical.
Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you