To all landowners and managers who farm within East Devon AONB, Blackdown Hills AONB, and the Axe catchment (including a part of Dorset AONB).
On behalf of East Devon AONB, Blackdown Hills AONB and Dorset AONB, Farming and Wildlife Advisory Group (FWAG) – South West are requesting completion of a new survey.
‘Why should I fill in yet another survey?’
We’re asking you to complete the survey as your responses will help us to help you. This survey is a chance for you to outline what support you may need over the next few years through agricultural transition and find out what new opportunities are available to you via current support schemes, as well as look forward to opportunities through the forthcoming Environmental Land Management scheme (E.L.M).
Farm support is entering a period of fundamental change, as set out in the Agricultural Transition Plan.
Within this plan, it has been recognised that farmers and landowners in protected landscapes are providing huge environmental, social and cultural benefits but that farming profitably without direct payments is often challenging.
Therefore, a Farming in Protected Landscapes programme is proposed to provide advice and funding for those in protected landscapes.
As part of this, the East Devon, Blackdown Hills and Dorset AONBs and its partners involved in farm advice provision, are keen to learn more about the needs of the farming and landowning community, so that support through the next few years can be tailored to best effect.
The survey will take approx.10 minutes and can be completed anonymously. You can choose to add your contact details at the end, if you wish to join online seminars and/or be eligible for a follow-up advisory phone call and/or enter a prize draw for a £50 voucher from Mole Valley Farmers.
- Agricultural Transition Plan – transition from BPS to ELM. Q&A session. 17/02/2021- 12:00-13:30
- Mid Tier Countryside Stewardship 2021: an update to changes to the application process and available options. 23/02/2021- 12:00-13:30
- Countryside Stewardship Capital Grants: an update on capital grants focusing on hedgerows and boundaries. 24/02/2021- 12:00-13:30
- Countryside Stewardship Capital Grants: an update on yard infrastructure, water and air quality grants. This session will also include a short overview of SSAFO and the Farming Rules for Water. 02/03/2021- 12:00-13:30
- Discussion session on the results from this survey and what it might mean for future delivery. 16/03/2021- 12:00-13:30
Click here to complete the survey – you have until 5th March 2021.