Becoming an Ambassador is an easy process and we welcome new members to the scheme from all communities within, or close to, the East Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. We hope to involve as many people as possible with the conservation and enhancement of our protected landscape and that includes helping businesses, groups and communities thrive.
By creating our Ambassador network we can raise awareness of the AONB and highlight the importance of protecting our outstanding landscape – with the intention that our ambassadors can then spread the word across their other networks, both personal and professional. We can also provide a platform for promoting the efforts, projects and business services of our members via our website, news and networking events.
SUPPORT & AWARENESS
- Direct association with a highly respected organisation with environmental credentials
- Use of the AONB Ambassador logo and other promotional materials
- Access to high quality AONB images for use
- Free quarterly newsletter
- Promotion on our website and Ambassador map
- Invitation to Ambassador events, networking and training
Free networking events in February & July, plus priority booking for our Annual AONB Partnership Meeting in September.
- Advice and support on landscape, wildlife and funding matters
- Opportunity to share news and events within the network, on our website and across our available news channels
- Ambassador starter pack – information on leisure and sustainability opportunities within the East Devon AONB, Ambassador window sticker and enamel pin.
A PLEDGE TO PROTECT
In return, we hope that members will encourage an appreciation and understanding of the AONB amongst friends, family, colleagues etc. We also request that they pledge a simple commitment to living and working in ways that promote sustainability and help to protect the environment and our outstanding landscape.
The AONB Ambassador Pledge
- Promote opportunities to explore and get to know our outstanding countryside
- Actively help to conserve and enhance our outstanding landscape and wildlife
- Help to reduce, reuse and recycle
- Save energy, lower carbon and water consumption
- Encourage use of/use local transport and local transport solutions
- Support local markets, buy locally and encourage local networking
- Offer opportunities for community involvement and support your local projects/clubs
- Mentor others and lead by example
- Meet all statutory and legal requirements relevant to your organisation or operation
- Promote the AONB on your website and literature and use the Ambassador logo
BECOME AN AMBASSADOR
If you wish to become an Ambassador, use the links below to access the relevant application form and make your pledge. If you want to have a chat about joining the scheme or find out more, contact us for further information.
Whether it’s tourism, local produce, outdoor activities or an IT company, all businesses are welcome. If you believe that an outstanding environment is important to your business and your company is within or close to the AONB, you should consider joining the scheme.
If your group or organisation has a role to play in conserving, enhancing, promoting or raising awareness of our outstanding environment and our valuable communities you should consider and would be welcome to join the scheme.