Local community action often goes unsung or unseen but is vitally important in conserving our environment and improving daily life. In recognition of this, our Communities Project Fund financially supports individuals, groups and organisations that strive to make a difference.
At this year’s February Ambassador event, we’ll be looking at how some of these local groups and organisations help connect people with nature to benefit biodiversity, our communities, and the landscape.
About this event
- An update from the AONB team, will provide the latest updates on our commitment to nature in the AONB and our approach to working in partnership for sustainable communities and the recovery of declining wildlife and habitats.
- With a particular focus on projects supported by our Communities Project Fund, we’ll hear from keynote speaker Toby Taylor on the positive impact of a range of RSPB initiatives in East Devon.
- We will also hear from other successful projects committed to our communities’ well-being and environmental sustainability, including AxeWoods Cooperative, Sidmouth Arboretum and Axminster Community Shed.
- A light lunch will provide the chance to chat and reconnect with other AONB ambassadors and supporters.
- As well as updates on our AONB project work and partnerships, We’ll also be looking for your views on what the AONB has to offer and your recommendations for connecting with nature.
Date & time: Wednesday 15 February 2023, 09:30 – 14:00 (approx.)
Location: Kennaway House, Coburg Road, Sidmouth EX10 8NG View on a map
|09:30 – 10:00||Coffee, registration, welcome & introduction|
|10:00 – 10:30||Our commitment to nature – update from the AONB team|
|10:35 – 11:05||RSPB in East Devon, Toby Taylor|
|11:05 – 11:25||Break|
|11:25 – 12:30||Your views: connecting with nature|
|12:30 – 13:15||Lunch|
|13:15 – 14:15||Making a difference: community action in the AONB. Presentations from Axewoods Cooperative, Axminster Community Shed & Sidmouth Arboretum|
Cost: This is a free event. Places are limited so please book early to avoid disappointment.
BOOKINGS HAVE NOW CLOSED
Places are now full for the February Ambassador Event.
Apologies for any inconvenience or disappointment.
More to Explore
We lead, partner and support projects that focus on a wide range of themes, including landscape and heritage, environmental quality and climate, biodiversity, recreation and tourism.